Home >> Pool & Spa Heaters >> Hurlcon Astra >> BPA Electric Heat Pumps
Pool Heaters - Electric
Astral / Hurlcon BPA Series Electric Heat Pumps
For best discount prices phone 1300 859 969 or email us for expert advice & quote.
Delivery to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra and regional towns & cities in Australia.
Electric Heat Pumps for Pools
In some regions of Australia natural gas heating is unavailable or uneconomical to run. This doesn't mean you have to miss out on having a heated pool to gain a longer swimming season. The AstralPool Heat Pump has been designed to heat your swimming pool using electricity. Based on the same principles employed in air conditioners and refrigerators, the AstralPool Heat Pump extracts the latent heat that exists in the atmosphere around us and delivers its direction into the swimming pool water.
Heat Pumps brochure PDF
Instruction Manual PDF
Features & Benefits
- Super Efficient
- Maintains the pool temperature 24 hours a day
- Fast heat up times
- Reduced temperature when the pool is not in use.
- Whisper quiet
- Environmentally friendly pool heating
- Extend your swimming season or swim all year round
- Low operating costs
- Simple and easy installation
A wide range of electic pool heater models are available that are suitable for small residential pools to large commercial or public pools.
||BPA 900 |
||5.5 kW |
||25 kW |
|at efficiency of
|Noise Level dB(A)
|Water Connection (mm)
|Recommended Water Flow (lpm)
|Water Pressure Losee (kPa)
|DImensions (L x W x H)
Astral heat pumps are an environmentally friendly option to heat your pool. Operating on a similar principal to your refrigerator or air conditioner, Heat Pumps use environmentally friendly refrigerant gas that extracts the latent heat from the air and transfers this heat into the pool water.
A nearly silent compressor moves the refrigerant gas through a coil (called evaporator) through
which air is forced and collects heat from the surrounding atmosphere. The now superheated refrigerant gas then passes through a titanium heat exchanger (called condenser) which transfers the heat into the pool water and the cycle starts again.
So in fact, the power used by the heat pump does not create any heat, it is simply used to compress and move the refrigerant gas through the evaporator and condenser to collect and transfer heat from the atmosphere into your pool water.
For every 1 kW of electricity consumed, AstralPool Heat Pumps will collect up to 6 kW of heat from the atmosphere. Sunshine is not necessary and your Heat Pump will continue to heat your pool in air temperatures as low as 7 degrees. So even if the nights are cold, or the days leading up to the weekend are cool, your AstralPool Heat Pump can heat and maintain your pool water temperature at a comfortable swimming temperature.
A Heat Pump to suit your pool and your lifestyle
AstralPool has a wide selection of heat pumps to suit virtually any size swimming pool, from
small residential pools to large public pools. When choosing your heat pump, AstralPool recommend you assess your lifestyle and determine when you want to use your pool.
If you wish to swim during the summer and shoulder season only, a small heat pump can be installed, saving on up front costs and ongoing operating costs. However, for all year round swimming, we have the right heat pump too, to ensure you can use your pool at any time of the year.
AstralPool Heat Pumps are designed for long life and incorporate the following features:
- Unlike many other heat pumps, the corrosion proof titanium heat exchanger is enclosed in a purpose designed and fully injection moulded housing for maximum strength and long life.
- The fully moulded plastic Heat Pump case is impervious to corrosion and guarantees maximum life regardless of location, “seaside” tropical north or outback.
- The high quality commercial digital thermostat ensures the pool water temperature is accurate.
- The scroll compressor is widely regarded as the quietest operating system and moulded plastic fan is purposely designed for its application.
- The BPA 480 and 600 Models incorporate a 10 and 15 amp plug for power correction. While larger models must be hard witred by a qualified technician.
Have a question about the right model or want to request a price?
1. Determine how you wish to use your pool:
take the chill off the water during spring, summer and autumn,
luxuriate in warm relaxing water for most of the year,
or swim all year round regarding of the weather conditions.
2. Determine the size of your pool, average length and width and the average depth.
3. Once you understand your preferred use of your pool, email or phone us on 1300 859 969 for advice on the model that suits you.
Hurlcon is part of AstralPool, which, in turn, is a fully owned subsidiary of AstralPool SA, boasting more than 100 branches and 43 manufacturing sites worldwide. This huge multinational turns out an extensive range of residential and commercial filtration, disinfection, heating, pumping and water feature appliances.
Closer to home, Hurlcon manufactures a wide range of Australian-designed equipment at their Melbourne-based plants. If you want quality and Australian-made excellence for your pool or spa, you cannot go past Hurlcon. All their products are backed by generous warranties and support. Even better, we sell their full range, all discounted.
If you would like to learn more about Hurlcon, just click www.hurlcon.com.au.
Other Hurlcon - Astral Pool & Spa Heaters
A wide range of electic pool heater models for small pools to large public pools. Phone 1300 859 969 for expert advice & quote. Delivery to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra and regional towns & cities in Australia.
Copyright © Swimming Pool Warehouse • All rights reserved